Date: July 31 - August 14
For the third year, we will go to support homegrown missionary couple, Lisa and Mark DeNeui in teaching conversational English in their local church in St. Louis, France. Mark currently teaches at the Belgium Bible Institute and Lisa is a French teacher at the Black Forest Academy. The DeNeui’s are trying to help this church establish a youth group and grow its membership.
There are about 26% evangelical Christians in the U.S. while France only has 0.75%! France seems modern and beautiful, however, spiritually it is a desolate and barren land! Churches in France are usually small and struggling, average around 50 members and may have a handful of youth, if any. Many churches are without pastors. Now, Christian pastors in France are getting together to establish youth programs across all denominations so that the youth can see that they are not alone in being a Christian. The hope is to nurture and build up church leaders of tomorrow, starting with the youth of today!
Participants will go through a weekend (Friday night and all day Saturday) of English teaching training in Los Angeles in May before heading to France in August. Team members will be facilitators when conducting various levels of English conversational classes.
- Dates: July 31 to August 14, 2018
- Estimated Cost: $2,300
- Application with deposit of $200 due: January 21, 2018
- Must be age 18+
- Able to walk up 10,000 steps a day
- Mature believer
- Emotionally and mentally stable
- Clear English diction (speech)
- Flexible in facilitating class to either lead or co-lead
- Expect to participate in all classes and afternoon activities (including sports)
- Independent and self-starter
- Interview required
Applications are no longer being accepted.