Journey of Faith is looking for recommendations for Elders, Diaconate and School Board members. Terms for all positions begin in January 2019.
When nominating a candidate for one or more of these positions, please consider the qualifications set out in Scripture, and in the Constitution of Journey of Faith.
- Mature, godly men whose lives demonstrate the qualifications stipulated in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:5–9.
- Must be a member of Journey for at least three years.
Elders are given authority for day-to-day ministry matters of the church. They are responsible for the spiritual oversight of the church, refuting error and administering discipline when necessary, assessing the needs of the body and helping to meet these needs. The term of office is five years.
- Men and women whose lives demonstrate the qualifications stipulated in Acts 6:3 and 1 Timothy 3:8–13.
- Must be a member of Journey for at least one year.
The members of the Diaconate “SERVE” as they
Support the leadership,
Encourage spiritual growth,
Reach out to the needy,
Visit the vulnerable, and
Equip for service.
The term of office is three years.
School Board Members
- Believers who are spiritually mature
- Must be a member of Journey
The School Board is responsible for the oversight of Journey’s Preschool and Kindergarten. The term of office is one year.
To submit names to the Nominating Committee for consideration, click below to complete the online form.