Journey launches a full worship venue with live worship and live hosting for our 9:30am and 11:00am worship services on the Manhattan Beach campus.
Pastor Jason hosts two multisite Q&A sessions to answer questions and discuss progress for a future South Bay location with our congregation.
Journey recruits an additional worship leader to assist with developing worship leaders for multiple venues.
Journey leadership enlists the help of Slingshot, an executive search firm, to locate and interview potential candidates for the new campus pastor position at the future multisite location.
Multisite survey given to entire congregation to obtain important information for our multisite planning.
Pastor Jason introduces multisite vision to the congregation through two sermons that pertain to Journey's mission and core values.
Pastor Jason, elders and ministry leaders share initial ministry-specific plans for multisite with Jim Tomberlin and the entire team.
Began planning meetings with ministry leaders of children, students, young adults, small groups, worship and hospitality to discuss ministry alignment and multisite ministry. Search begins for potential locations in the South Bay.
Multisite team creates our 7 Campus Constants to guide and help develop and keep us a unified church in more than one location.
Jim Tomberlin speaks to a selected group of ministry leaders and congregation members about multisite vision and ministry.
Elders and Pastors prayerfully agree to proceed with multisite planning. A Multisite Directional Team is formed to oversee planning and development.
Pastors, Elders, and Ministry Leaders meet with Jim Tomberlin for vision casting, discussion, and prayer about potential multisite ministry at Journey.
Journey leadership connects with Jim Tomberlin of Multisite Solutions to discuss options for beginning worship services in locations other than our current main campus.
For over 100 years, Journey of Faith has offered relevant worship and teaching, vibrant ministries for young people, and opportunities to serve others. With a desire to glorify God and expand His work, we envision our church as multi- generational, multicultural, and multisite. To remain one church in more than one location, the following are “constants” for our current and future campuses:
1. ONE CHURCH: All campuses will flow from shared vision, mission, values, core beliefs, governance, budget, and strategy with campus pastors serving under a centralized directional leadership structure.
2. ONE MINISTRY PHILOSOPHY: All ministry environments (children, students, adults) will be consistent through a centrally approved strategy for programming, curriculum, methodology, and communications based on our core values:
Welcome: shared processes for new visitors, guest services, assimilation, and membership
Transform: shared processes for spiritual growth, care ministry, and leadership development
Serve: shared processes for volunteering, service projects, and ministry partnerships
3. ONE WORSHIP PHILOSOPHY: Our worship leaders, under the direction of the Worship Arts Pastor, will design worship for all campuses, balancing common style with some freedom to locally contextualize.
4. ONE MESSAGE: Our teaching team, under the direction of the Lead Pastor, will be the primary source for weekly preaching at all campuses in person or through video delivery.
5. ONE MISSIONS STRATEGY: Each campus will operate under a centralized missions strategy for global and local outreach and missionary support.
6. ONE OPERATIONS SYSTEM: All campuses will share centralized support for accounting, information technology, human resources, property management, safety, and communications strategy including logo, branding, graphics, website, print materials, and social media.
7. ONE FINANCIAL PLAN: All campuses will share a common budget, financial strategy, accountability, and will be designed for financial sustainability.