Care Monday Groups
Where can we find help and support for issues like anxiety, depression, single parenting, emotional boundaries, sexual abuse, and other life challenges? We offer support groups throughout the year to help you find hope and healing with others experiencing similar struggles. Our Fall session of groups began on September 16. Childcare for ages 8 weeks to 8 years old is available for all groups, but pre-registration is required.* See registration page for specifics on meeting times and frequency. This Fall, consider joining:
DivorceCare, Room E-3, Main building: a 13-week group designed to help you work through the emotional pain of divorce. ($25 fee)
GriefShare, Room E-2, Main building: a 13-week workshop aimed to comfort, encourage and support those going through the severe emotional trauma that follows the death of a loved one. ($25 fee)
Single & Parenting, Room H203, Harbor building: If you’re a single parent, you’re probably tired, overwhelmed and feeling a bit underappreciated. This 13-week group is a place to share tips and parenting wisdom to help you find rest, hope and encouragement. ($25 fee)
Men’s Depression Group, Room H304, Harbor building: Men's depression group at Journey fosters a safe and supportive environment for those who suffer from depression. Facilitated by experienced and professional leaders,
attendersare guided through a ten-week biblically-focused group environment of sharing, prayer, and encouragement.
- Women's Depression Group: Due to the size of the group, it can no longer receive new members.
- Biblical Mindfulness, Room E-4, Main building: Experience the presence of God in all areas of your life. Learn and practice tools to help you take every thought captive and grow in your faith and identity in Christ.
Teen Process Group, Room H202, Harbor building: Led by an Associate Marriage & Family Therapist, this process group is a safe environment for teens to have self-acceptance, healthy peer connections, and to discuss their faith and the problems they deal with in every-day life. Teens will learn coping skills to deal with stress, anxiety, parent or peer relationship problems, depression, compulsive behaviors, and more. (7:30-9pm)
- Financial Peace University, The Cove: When the topic of finances is brought up, many people try to run the other way. This class requires a Membership Kit: first-time participants will need to purchase their FPU kit online (www.DaveRamsey.com; allow 10 days for delivery) and past students can retake for no charge. Ages 16 and older are welcome to participate.
- Recovery Groups, Harbor building: Men and women meet in separate groups. Please look to join when these groups relaunch in 2020.
- Grace Families, Room H201, Harbor building: This group is meant to support parents seeking practical insights on how to honor God and generously love their LGBTQ+ kids. (every 3rd Monday)
- Betrayal Support, Prayer Chapel, Main building: This group, facilitated by a therapist, is for those who want to learn practical steps for healing from betrayal by a romantic partner, friend, family member, boss, etc. Come to our first meeting to see if it is a good fit for you. (8-9pm)
- Foster Care and Adoption Family Support, Room H201, Harbor building: Meet with families having similar experiences to hear new ideas, share struggles, and find hope. (6-7:30pm, every 2nd & 4th Monday, year-round)
*Childcare registration will be sent to you separately.
If you have a need for food or shelter, please click the link below for a list of places where you can find immediate help in the South Bay and the surrounding area.
We have many resources for other needs. Please click on the link below to see options. If you'd like to be contacted, follow the link to fill out the Care Form. We will then contact you with information or to help you with your request.
God has provided church, life groups, and Christian friendships as the primary place for us to get direction and support through challenging times, but sometimes we need some special direction or assistance. We partner with professional Christian counselors in our church and community to assist with these important times. Click the form link above for more information.
If you need a place to host a funeral or want to request a pastor to officiate a memorial service, please complete the form linked above.