Care Monday Groups
Where can we find help and support for issues like anxiety, depression, single parenting, emotional boundaries, sexual abuse, and other life challenges? We offer support groups throughout the year to help you find hope and healing with others experiencing similar struggles. Our next session of groups begins on September 16. Childcare for ages 8 weeks to 8 years old is available for all groups, but pre-registration is required.* Here are the groups we are offering for the Fall:
DivorceCare: a 13-week group designed to help you work through the emotional pain of divorce. ($25 fee)
GriefShare: a 13-week workshop aimed to comfort, encourage and support those going through the severe emotional trauma that follows the death of a loved one. ($25 fee)
Single & Parenting: If you’re a single parent, you’re probably tired, overwhelmed and feeling a bit underappreciated. This 13-week group is a place to share tips and parenting wisdom to help you find rest, hope and encouragement. ($25 fee)
Men’s Depression Group: Men's depression group at Journey fosters a safe and supportive environment for those who suffer from depression. Facilitated by experienced and professional leaders,
attendersare guided through a ten-week biblically-focused group environment of sharing, prayer, and encouragement.
- Women's Depression Group: The group is geared toward meeting the needs of women with depression. Though it is led by a licensed therapist, this is not a psychotherapy group. We provide you with a safe and accepting place to vent your frustrations and fears and receive comfort and encouragement from others.
- Biblical Mindfulness: Experience the presence of God in all areas of your life. Learn and practice tools to help you take every thought captive and grow in your faith and identity in Christ.
Teen Process Group: Led by an Associate Marriage & Family Therapist, this process group is a safe environment for teens to have self-acceptance, healthy peer connections, and to discuss their faith and the problems they deal with in every-day life. Teens will learn coping skills to deal with stress, anxiety, parent or peer relationship problems, depression, compulsive behaviors, and more.
- Financial Peace University: When the topic of finances is brought up, many people try to run the other way. This class requires a Membership Kit: first-time participants will need to purchase their FPU kit online (www.DaveRamsey.com; allow 10 days for delivery) and past students can retake for no charge. Ages 16 and older are welcome to participate.
- Recovery Groups: Join the men's or women's group for support working through hurts, habits and hang-ups including addiction and compulsive or dysfunctional behaviors. Find freedom together.
- Grace Families: This group is meant to support parents seeking practical insights on how to honor God and generously love their LGBTQ+ kids.
- Betrayal Support: This group, facilitated by a therapist, is for those who want to learn practical steps for healing from betrayal by a romantic partner, friend, family member, boss, etc. Come to our first meeting to see if it is a good fit for you.
*Childcare registration will be sent to you separately.
If you have a need for food or shelter, please click the link below for a list of places where you can find immediate help in the South Bay and the surrounding area.
We have many resources for other needs. Please click on the link below to see options. If you'd like to be contacted, follow the link to fill out the Care Form. We will then contact you with information or to help you with your request.
God has provided church, life groups, and Christian friendships as the primary place for us to get direction and support through challenging times, but sometimes we need some special direction or assistance. We partner with professional Christian counselors in our church and community to assist with these important times. Click the form link above for more information.
If you need a place to host a funeral or want to request a pastor to officiate a memorial service, please complete the form linked above.
We have a free job support group every third Wednesday of the month that provides practical skills for finding the right career, building a strong resume, and excelling at an interview. Please see our events calendar for specific times.