Journey of Faith is looking for recommendations for the following positions of service:
• School Committee Members
Terms for all positions begin in January 2020.
When considering whom you might recommend for one or more of these positions, please consider the qualifications set out in Scripture (and the Constitution of Journey of Faith). Some of these are described below:
• Mature, godly men whose lives demonstrate the qualifications stipulated in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:5–9.
• Must be a member of Journey for at least three years.
Elders constitute the corporate board of the church. They are responsible for the spiritual oversight of the church as exemplified in I Peter 5:1-4, refuting error and administering discipline when necessary, assessing the needs of the body and working to meet these needs. The term of office is five years.
• Men and women whose lives demonstrate the qualifications stipulated in Acts 6:3 and 1 Timothy 3:8–13.
• Must be a member of Journey for at least one year.
The members of the Diaconate are trained to serve in Journey’s Care Ministries as Prayer Team members at our many services and as Ministers of the Day at our administrative offices.
School Committee Members:
• Believers who are spiritually mature
• Must be a member of Journey
The school committee is responsible for the oversight of Journey’s Preschool and Kindergarten. The term of office is one year.